The Trinidad and Tobago Kennel Club is the only internationally recognized dog registry in Trinidad and Tobago. It was founded in 1954 as the Caribbean Kennel Club, and later changed its name to The Trinidad and Tobago Kennel Club in 1981. Not only is the club under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, but has a reciprocal agreement with The Kennel Club of the United Kingdom.
In addition to the registering of purebred dogs, the club promotes and hosts confirmation shows and issues Challenge Certificates awarded by approved judges at its shows and other locally recognized shows. The club also sanctions working obedience trials and awards Companion Dog Certificates (CDs).